Monday 22 June 2009

A year without the West Highland Way Race

Well, the Race has been run and the times are almost all out. There have been some cracking performances (Richie C in 16:24, Neal Gibson in 18:42 and John K getting a further 8 minutes into sub-20 territory), but I can't see any mention of Thomas L or Murdo McE, and can't find times for Jon Steele, David Hall or David Waterman on the finishers list. I wonder if it is incomplete? Hope they all did well.

This is the first year in 4 that I have not competed in the WHWR and I do feel a little sad not to have been part of the camaraderie and fun (masochistic definition of fun) this year. I wouldn't have been in a fit state though what with the various injuries and baby caught illnesses this year so no worries.

Will I be back next year? I deeply suspect my wife might not let me, but you never know. Ha ha!

2 comments:

Davie said...

Hi Brian,
You obviously didn't go far enough down the results sheet for Subversive and I! We both got there eventually, but some others weren't as fortunate.
I'm sorry you didn't get there, but there's always next year. Did you get up for you run on the Way as planned?

Meet you some time,

Davie

Marco Consani said...

Hey Brian,

Believe me there was a lot of times I wished that I wasn't there either. As we all know it's a hard race but we all form such strong friendships because of it and so we all keep coming back for more.
You will do it again one day. Hopefully I will too.

See you soon.

Marco