Thursday 7 January 2010

Caring family man

Google throws up the oddest results sometimes. I think it may have developed a sense of fairly sick humour. I wanted some kind of cheesey, super white teeth smiling family man photo with which to illustrate this post, but instead the first image result for 'caring family man' was this ...



Not really what I had in mind. Anyhoo ...

In my efforts to combine running with being a caring family man and generally good dad I have been trying to figure out how I can increase my mileage and at the same time drop my weekend long run. No idea why I didn't think of it before but I have decided to run to my running club (a distance of 6 miles), do the run (5-8 miles) then run back (another 6 miles). I'll do this every Wednesday with the 4th one off for recovery purposes giving me a mid-week run of 17-20 miles. That way I have Saturdays free to be a dad and my wife is much happier with the whole ultra running daftness. Super.

I did my first such run this week with a nice 17 mile snow and ice filled escapade in my new Kahtoolas. Marvellous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look what marriage can do to a man.
Long run overblown IMHO.
An evening run in my fingers flows through the fresh snow before iced.
Superb.
Back to a big warm from our rapidly depleting gas supplies.
2017 say the government I said perhaps not...

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6108#comments_top

Scroll down to search for the comments of rune_likvern

Fancy a run before the gas runs out ;¬)

Stu Stod said...

Yeah its a fine balancing act, trying to keep the family happy (well mostly wife). Negotiations start on a Monday for me to go out on a Saturday!

Peter Duggan said...

So good you're getting to use those Kahtoolas after all instead of just ogling them! :-)

P