Tuesday 24 February 2009

Close Encounters of the Academic Kind

Stan B reckons my blog is reminiscent of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I am trying to figure out how.

I have a large domed and bald head which does impart a certain otherwordly appearance in a dim light, or if a bright torch is shone upon it. It might be this which reminds him of said movie.

Or he may simpy have detected that I look like the kind of fella who really enjoyes watching said movie. Sad I know, but it's a cracker. Almost as good as Das Boot for mind numbing ultra length movies. Here's the famous bontempi organ music to heighten the Close Encounters experience I offer here on this mildly academic blog. Enjoy. :-)

4 comments:

Davie said...

Quavers? Semi-quavers? Was the packet crushed? Now all you need is Ivor Cutler adding words, although Mike Mason could add film illustration to the Tuba intro and outro!
By the Way, if the stories are true about Mason's bowel movements, then he's not in Romania but in Beinn Glas if the droppings on the WHW are anything to go by. Almost made me wish I was doing hill reps in Milton Keynes :-)

Stay fit!

zimmerman said...

Hi Brian,
Comments re Close Encounters relate to conversation I had with DQ, need I say more. It was about your desire/need to replicate the Alps in MK. solution, build your own hence ref to Close Encounters, build it in your lounge. Start to make sense now?

satan

zimmerman said...

Brian,
I forgot to add that I have the Director's extended version of the film.

satan

Brian Mc said...

Aaah! I be a little thick sometimes I do. Doh. :-)

Directors Cut eh? Movie-tastic.