Wednesday 4 March 2009

My draining will

Training seems to be going according to my rather rough plan this year. Long run distance is up, speed and tempo sessions going well but I'm struggling to get my mileage up to the levels I want it up. There's no physical problem, just a motivational one. Eilidh is still teething. It's been pretty much 2.5 weeks of 05:00 - 05:15 rises every day and they are exacting a toll on me. My will to get out running after work at night is gradually being sapped. I'm still doing OK but I'm dropping 1 session per week just to try to get to bed before 22:00. I find it impossible to get back from work, play with Eilidh, help get her ready for bed, train, cook dinner and get into bed any earlier than 22:00. It's often 22:30 and I am an 8 hour a night sleep kind of a chap so the accumulated loss of 2 hours sleep a night is well, accumulating. 4-5 cups of coffee a day to function a work says it all.

She's great though. She knows and can repeat the sounds of elephants, cows, frogs, ducks, sheep, dogs, her grandad (who says a sort of high pitched yoo-hoo to her), tigers, cats, lions, birds and monkeys. She can point out some colours, loves drawing (on everything) and says what's that to everything, all the time. Very funny.

On the Imelda Marcos front I've just purchased myself a new pair of road trainers which I'll try out tonight. Adidas Supernova Sequences. Lovely white, red and silver. Hopefully be good for the MK half marathon, my first race of the year this weekend.


No comments: