Monday 16 November 2009

Ultra races for 2010

Right then, my ultra racing plans for 2010 are shaping up well and will be (assuming I have in injury free year next year):

16th January - 45 mile Country to Capital - entered
February - ???
20th March - 55 mile Hardmoors 55 - entered
24th April - 53 mile Highland Fling - entered
29th May - 145 mile Grand Union Canal Race - entered
24th July (?) - 50 mile Lakeland50 - not entered yet
27th August - 103 mile Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc - not entered yet
Then not decided but tempted by the Tooting Bec track 24 hour event, or I might just sit down and go aaah.

I'll try to use the races both as events and as peak week training runs. Any suggestions for a long (ultra or off road marathon) for February would be much appreciated.

I now need to find some time to put together a detailed 4 week periodised training plan. I didn't do anything detailed last year, trying instead to run a rough 4 week periodised plan from memory along. It didn't really work. I didn't know how I was improving really and it was easier to bail out of sessions when they weren't written down.

2 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

AAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I sense another 24 hour support role!!!

Brian Mc said...

You may well be reet there Mr Waterman :-)

Let's see how my legs feel after the GUCR. Might want to call upon your services to run me in to Little Venice at the end if the rules permit, then to help my creaking joints onto a train at Euston.