Wednesday 24 September 2008

High Peak and Vasque Ultra Champs position

The results are out for the HP40 run held at the weekend: http://www.highpeak40.co.uk/results.asp

I came in 16th out of 154 finishers with a time of 7:06:28, so very pleased position wise even though I was outside my target time of 7 hours. The heat probably put paid to that ambition for me for this year. I bettered my time from last year by about 9 mins so happy anyway.

Well done to other Family members Lucy Colquhoun (6:13:06), George Cairns (6:23:20) and Ritchie Cunningham (6:58:12)! The race was won by Brian Coles of Stoke AC with a stonking 5:44:42. Well played that man.

I have now completed all my Vasque Ultra Championships races and am currently placed 7th out of 203! Whoopeee! There'll probably be a bit of movement as there are some races to go and few folk should definitely overtake me like Mark Hartell, currently ranked 14th but with 1 race in hand. Full results here:
http://www.runfurther.com/media/results2/Overall_Results_10_races_2008.pdf

4 comments:

Project White said...

Impressive stuff! Well done indeed.

John

Davie Bell said...

Great stuff Brian you've had an impressive year I'm sure you'll top it off with a good performance at the OMM' dunno aboot the tights though:-)

Brian Mc said...

I was thinking american tan might go nicely ...

Davie Bell said...

And what denier were you thinking about?:-)