Wednesday 29 October 2008

Back from OMM

Thanks to the various folk who texted or left voice mail messages for me, concerned about my safety at the recently cancelled, very wet and windy OMM event in Borrowdale.

The event was cancelled at 12pm, about 4 hours after it started due to very heavy winds and rain - 100mph and over 1 month of rain in a 1 day are the figures I've heard.

I'll blog a full report shortly but needless to say I am fine and looking forward to 2009.

Some balanced and thoughtful reporting on fell events and weather by Richard Askwith can be found here in the meantime.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Glad to hear you have returned from you exploits in the Lakes. I love reading Richard Askwith's writings and this report is no exception.

Thomas said...

Brian, c'mon I did not text you because I did not join the panic. I knew you were fine!
Wet but fine. And once you are wet your are wet (of fine?).
Yes, great article from Richard Askwith. 'Read his feet in the cloud! Very inspiring.


See you around, for a run or discussing Heisenberg
T.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're OK. I was watching the news broadcasts and looking for your familliar baldy head in the background. I didn't see you so was relieved to hear all runner's had been found safe and well.

I don't know what the problem was myself... It was only a bit of water ;-)

look forward to reading the full report.