Friday 17 October 2008

New OMM partner and lying on a mat

Poor old Marco M-C has had to pull out of the OMM due to surprise work committments - boo. But really rather quickly I've found a replacement, a chap called Ian with what seems like a penchant for mexican headwear. It'll be a wee bit strange doing the event with a complete stranger, particularly sleeping in a 1+ person tent together, but we've spoken on the phone and he seems pretty relaxed and easy to get on with so I'm sure it'll be fine. Well, we've still got to become 'fart comfortable' with each other, something probably best done outside said tent. Actually I'm getting quite excited about the event now that it is just over a week away. I'll be staying up in the Lakes for a few days afterwards for a short break with my family, which I am also looking forward to.



Alun Ward emailed me the photo above earlier this week, wondering whether I was the fella on the mat. Yes, it's me, rather dehydrated and far too hot after running the High Peak 40 in 20C+ heat in mid-September. He came in a place or two behind me but looks like he is just about to start. Damnably unflustered by the exertion, unlike moi. Oh well ... :-)

3 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

Glad you're sorted mate.

Unknown said...

Hah! Well, in my defence (yes, I'm the runner still standing up in your photo) I haven't run quite as many barmy ultras as you yet ;-) You're entitled to a lie down I reckon.

Thomas said...

Hi Brian, that event is all over the news. Was your car on that flooded car park?
I hope you still enjoyed it and are ok!