Saturday 2 May 2009

Don't iron in the buff

About to head out for my first decent run since my ankle injury two weeks ago. I'll take the pace easy as I'll be heading off road but increase the distance to 6 miles with ~500' of climbing. If my ankle reacts badly tomorrow then I'll have to consider pulling out of the Marlborough, so I'm a bit nervous about the run.

And so to the title of this blog. Today I learned why one shouldn't iron in the buff with the ironing board situated at groin height. Or at least, if one does decide to iron with such an equipment arrangement then one really ought not to employ vigorous sweeping movements or allow oneself to be distracted by the antics of ones cute baby daughter. Yes, today has been a bit stingy in certain regions. Luckily nothing deep or serious.

Doh ...

5 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

Kinda like the 'don't chop chillies and go for a pee' scenario. Well done mate! It goes to prove what I've always thought of intellectuals......they know lots of stuff but have the common sense of a tree frog! ;)

Anonymous said...

Slightly says:
Very Freudian we need the nippers so be more careful ;¬)

Debs M-C said...

I would also strongly suggest that you don't boil kettles for coffee when only wear your pants :-)

Hope the run went well?

"e Brutto" said...

Its me Slightly, re your last comment I know the mid part of the Chilterns well out of dog walking range some good running, especially in the Berko / Chesham areas.
The kites are the overflow from an Estate in the area with a breeding program.

Anonymous New Englander said...

Good advice: "Don't iron in the buff." But if you must do so, take some precautions, like making sure that you are in no danger of being seen - especially by someone who happens to walk by. In fact, when I was about five years old, I accidentally saw my mother ironing while she was in her birthday suit! I only got the side/back view of her, part of which was obscured by the door frame to the ironing room, so I didn't see her butt (other than maybe part of the left butt cheek) or any of her private areas. However, I saw enough of her to know that she was completely bare! Luckily, she didn't see me. And to spare her any embarassment, I never told her about it.