Sunday 29 June 2008

Done it!

Yes, I realise that after spending a week post-race in a caravan with no access to the web I am rather behind the front runners in blogging terms and cannot as yet actually furnish you with much other than these stats:

Distance: 95 miles
Ascent / descent: Just short of 15,000' up and down
Time: 21:30:36
Position: 24
Happiness: very high

After 3 attempts I have finally finished the West Highland Way Race! How happy am I? Very.

I have my photos together and will get some time tomorrow night to complete my race report. I need to write more about the seemingly endless sequence of american couples I passed whilst running over Rannoch Moor. I am pretty sure they weren't a hallucination but there were a lot of them and most of the men seemed to be wearing variants of panama hats. If they weren't so darned encouraging they would have been slightly disturbing.

Watch this space. Well, not continually.

3 comments:

Tim said...

To finish with a time like that at the third attempt must have been just amazing Brian. I'm still excited with my sub 23. To run a 21:30 though is just brilliant and I don't see me catching you for a year or two yet.

Well done!

Subversive Runner said...

Well done mate. You up for 2009???
Need to chat re: Jon's BGR. I'll give you a call.

Brian Mc said...

Cheers Tim. I thought sub 22 was possible but at the limit of my current ability so was very very pleased to have managed it. Catching me in a year or two though ... I don't know about that. ;-)