Thursday 25 March 2010

Recovery

I know I only ran part of the HM55 - actually the HM34 for me. But my recovery this week has been great and very pleasing anyway - a day off on Sunday to drive home, then a 6 mile speed session on Monday consisting of 1 min reps, 1 min recovery where I even managed to hold 5:50 pace. Tuesday saw an exercise bike and rowing machine session at the gym then a 13 mile canal and trail run on Wednesday. Today I did a gym strength session and am planning to take tomorrow off before doing some runs over the weekend.

I sent off my entry to the Compton 40 which takes place on the 3rd April. I've not run the course before so navigation might be an issue. I'll try to run it hard anyway and take the navigation as it comes. The race organisers have provided an excellent page full of downloads and Google Earth fly throughs to help - http://www.comptonharriers.org.uk/Challenge_2010.htm

2 comments:

Tim said...

I think not finishing a race is good for your legs. ;-) Mine have been great. Good luck in your next race!

Anonymous said...

I approve of the DNF every novice athlete has a few stumbles.
Now you have that out of the way you can go on to mature reasons for DNF, like boredom having run the course before, something to look forward to ;¬)