Wednesday 30 January 2008

Mid-week mid-distance run

Route: Great Brickhill road and canal loop
Distance: 8 miles
Terrain: canal towpath and road
Ascent: ~50m
Time: 01:07:40

I upped the pace slightly tonight on my 8 mile mid-week run loop and knocked about 3 minutes off my time last week and think I'll stick at this slightly faster, but still easy pace. As I progress through the months towards June I'll up the pace and add in body speed elements to my mid-week runs.

It was very dark but with a clear sky I could see the stars and they were great. The route involves running on a road for a bit which I don't like - I much prefer when it gets a little lighter and I can hit the woods in the evening.

Anyhoo, my knee twinged a wee bit so the shin problem isn't completely gone yet. I should have known! No real bother though.

No comments: