Tuesday 26 August 2008

Lethargy and abstinence

I sit here trying to gather some motivation to go out and do a sub-7 min/mile tempo run but to be honest I am struggling. I'll do it, but I am feel feeling super lethargic. I wonder if I might be something to do with my newly found mid week abstinence regime?

I have been thinking about not drinking Monday to Thursday for some time now but have got into the habit of a wee post-work drink whilst cooking the dinner (just like Nigella Lawson me, but slightly less chesty and less hairy, or at least with a different hair distribution). This week, in preparation for my wife and daughter returning from Oz where they've been for the past 2 weeks I have decided to take action on the fact that drinking mid week makes me tired and sluggish. I am under strict instructions to be as well rested as possible for their return so I can take over as pcg (primary care giver) so have decided to cut out the booze in the interests of promoting a feeling of restedness.

Might my body be going through some minor form of cold turkey and consequently making me feel lethargic? Probably not, but I am not feeling sprightly.

I have an opened bottle of wine from Sunday night. A nice shiraz - viognier blend. I am not going to drink it. I am not.

Update on the bottle of wine when I next blog with my running stats (I will get out the door).

3 comments:

Debs M-C said...

You can drink! But you choose not to? Gawd you people make me sick :-) I had a glass of red on Saturday night and savoured every minute of it.

I'm not sure you're supposed to behave yourself when the cat's away. When I went to Kili Marco bought a x-box and lived like a student for two weeks. I'm going to get up to so much mischief when you guys are doing the OMM. Yeah! I'm going to watch x-factor and eat ice-cream. Huh! Like there's feck all else I can do :-)

Anonymous said...

Brian
I hope you're not planning sub 7 min miles for our trail run on the 6th!!! Use the beer as a reward for running. That gets me out of the house!!
Cheers

John

Brian Mc said...

No need to fear John - sub 7 strictly for road running!