Wednesday 13 August 2008

Triple Crown achieved!

With Devil O' the Highlands (DOTH) I have now completed the so-called 'Triple Crown' of ultra races and can feel quite deservedly pleased. What does the Triple Crown mean?

(1) that I've now run the West Highland Way twice under race conditions in the same year
(2) that I am a bit soft in the head

Me looking a bit soft in the head

I'll post my DOTH race report tomorrow but in the mean time here are my stats for the races that make up the Crown:

Highland Fling
Distance: 53 miles
Ascent / descent: ~ +/- 8000'
Time: 09:56:48
Position: 18th

West Highland Way Race
Distance: 95 miles
Ascent / descent: +/- 14,760'
Time: 21:30:36
Position: 24th

Devil O the Highlands
Distance: 43 miles
Ascent / descent: ~ +/- 7000'
Time: 07:28:16
Position: 18th

All 3 races are fantastically well organised and run, so I must extend my thanks to the organisers and volunteer marshalls who make them possible. I can heartily recommend them for 2009!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Congratulations Brian. You had a superb season so far!
I just achieved the "double crown" ;-)

Looking forward to your DOTH report!

Thomas

Davie Bell said...

You do look a bit soft in the head there lad :-)you must be as chuffed as me with the T C,good run Brian a pity we missed each other at the finish,wasn't a day for hanging about.