Tuesday 26 August 2008

New title photo

I generally think there is a beauty in a relatively minimalist approach to life, and to design, so I have resisted putting a picture in the title bar. However I also think that change is inevitable and indeed a (the?) fundamental characteristic of life. I have decided to go with change this time and to adorn my blog title with a lovely photo of ... ? A few of you ought to be able to guess.

Anyway, it's my favourite mountain in Scotland and a place I last visited in 2005 when my friend John took the photo on a hike. I have fancied running from the nearest road access, past the mountain all the way south to the next road for some time now but never got round to doing it. The nearby bothy would also be a great place to base oneself for a mountain running bonanza. Some time, some time ...

2 comments:

Project White said...

That'd be An Teallach I believe? Cracking photo, it wasn't as nice when I was up there!

I spent a night in the Shenaval bothy in October last year, climbing 3 or 4 munros the day after (unfortunately the weather wasn't good enough for An Teallach). Bloody awful weather; poured down all day and heavy winds.

The highlight(?) of the trip was the bothy hobo as we named him. Some chap from Glasgow who claimed to have spent 2 months staying there. He was eating "tacos" each day; fried flower mixed with water... hmmm. Needless to say he looked somewhat malnourished!

John

Brian Mc said...

Top, actually only, prize to you my well informed man! An Teallach it is and we had the best four days of weather up that bit of the world I've experienced. The cloud base was high or not there so the tops of the ridge were always visible. Wonderful.

And yes I came across a group of 4 guys from Clydebank all claiming to be on a golfing holiday at the Shenaval bothy. They seemed to be eating a lot of salmon for golfers!