Monday 13 July 2009

A small remembrance for a good man, Dario Melaragni

I was shocked and saddened to learn today that Dario Melaragni had died on the top of Lochnagar from a suspected heart attack. My thoughts go to his wife and to those who tried to help him and were with him through the event.

I'll only say a little here for others knew him better and I shan't pretend to have done so. However he gave me not just one, but three shots at realising my ambition to run the West Highland Way Race. I failed on the first two but his action provided me with a measure of confidence and most importantly the opportunity. I succeeded on the third attempt and feel much bettered as a consequence.

Thank you Dario for organising the race and for providing people like me with the chance to realise their dreams and ambitions. Rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too wish to express my deepest sympathies to those who knew and loved Dario. I knew him through another of his many guises as fitness instructor, mentor and general source of amusement every Monday evening in Auchterarder. My thoughts are with his family and may he rest in peace.

"e Brutto" said...

Yes, not very SI is it there is no SI unit for minutes.
So being lazy I relied on the readers spooky powers of comprehension.:¬)
80 miles perhaps if in training for the WS100, 32 is my max to date.
Glad for you the nice memories of fellowship with your mate.
Wildlife can be unreliable tame exhibits are cows, sheep and lammas we may be lucky or not.
Cairns very exotic running by rivers not recommended, listen out for Hooks clock ;¬)