Monday 17 November 2008

Final ranking in the Vasque Ultra Champs 2008

The final rankings are in for the Vasque ultra champs 2008 and the race calendar for 2009 has also been released.

Ranking here - http://www.runfurther.com/media/results2/Overall_Results_12_races_2008b.pdf
2009 calendar here

I managed to come 15th out of 210 competitors with 3133 series points so very pleased indeed. I'll aim for the top 10 next year, but the competition is pretty stiff. The winner was Mark Hartell with 3873 points and the only (?) ther WHWR Family who completed the series was Richie C, with a fantastic 3333 series points. I'm only 200 points behind there Ritchie - watch out for er perhaps 2015 ;-)

The Highland Fling is part of the series for next year so I reckon my 4 races (1 short, 1 medium, 1 long and 1 additional from any category) will be Wuthering Hike (short), Marlborough Downs Challenge (medium), High Peak 40 (medium) and Highland Fling (long). I can't wait!

I decided finally to support the home side, England, when I went along for some corporate hospitality at Twickenham on Saturday just past. How wrong was I in deciding to do so on the basis that it would give a great opportunity to wind my aussie wife up when they won. As you may know, they lost in a show of rather unadventurous rugby. Boo. I now face a solid ribbing for supporting England and the losing side. Boo!

4 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

Well done on your ranking, mate. Well done too on supporting England on Saturday....as noted, not the most glorious of outings. Luckily for me I was on my 5th pint of Guinness in the Union Jack Club with a load of army pals so the result melted into insignificance. Neither do I have to endure any ribbing...even Corned Beef failed to capitalise on the opportunity!! I guarantee that, had we won, the Edinburgh based Aussie would have been receiving abusive texts from Ingerrland!!

Brian Mc said...

Admittedly the result sort of melted for me too under the weight of corporate hospitality! :-)

Davie said...

Brian,
Time you realised that a true Scot supports two teams; Scotland and whoever is playing England.
We will, however, allow Argentina to win on Wednesday by way of a show of respect for the Hand of God!

Subversive Runner said...

Aawww, Davie....you can't mean that really.....OK, maybe you can!! I got into trouble with the Godfather once for making similarly nationalistic comments on the forum.