Tuesday 18 November 2008

Projectile vomiting

Ah yes, we had our first ever experience of baby projectile vomiting last night at 12:30am. Little Eilidh was 1 year old yesterday and developed a very bad wheeze and cold to mark the occasion. We took her to the 24 hour clinic and got some ventolin to ease it but she didn't sleep well. Up every 5 minutes from 11:20pm till around midnight then again at 12:30am when she projectile vomited bits of vegetable and milk all over my wife. Huge lumps of veg too - she's clearly not got the chewing lark down pat yet.

Anyhoo, she seemed better this morning so we gave her a bottle only for this to come up 30 minutes later at 7:15am. Both occasions reminded me of the Monty Python Meaning of Life restaurant scene about 'wafer thin mints', so here you are, to give some idea of what we've just been through. ;-)

3 comments:

Davie said...

Aaah the joys of parenthood. Mine was bringing up the contents of his stomach the other morning, although he swears blind he was coughing! Oh and he's 22! It really doesn't get any better Brian. Still take some consolation from the fact that Debbie has all this to look forward to. And when marco stops the baby will start:-)

Brian Mc said...

Ah yes. I've resisted regailing them with tale after tale of how much work is involved! ;-)

Debs M-C said...

I think I had my head down the toilet at the same time as Eilidh was spewing. I've taken a liking to redecorating the bathroom in the wee small hours. I still can't work out how I managed to hit the wall behind me though %-)

Hope Eilidh's feeling better soon.