Sunday 7 December 2008

If we listen to this music we'll beat Jez Bragg

Keith Hughes is onto something. I had thought as far as the short time scale effects of listening to thrash metal and punk on hill running performance. If we extend this principle and put together the right compilation I reckon he's right - we could all beat Jez Bragg's WHWR record time. Sub 14 hours could even be on with the right mix and sequence of tracks. And we have 6 months or so to perfect them. Great!

So far we have the list as being composed of ...
Slayer
Minor Threat
Celtic Frost (hmm, didn't they have rather permed hair Keith?)
Voidvoid (these guys were just a bit odd - can we delete them?)
Acca-dacca (AC/DC)
The Datsuns
Deftones (suggested by Mister Mason)

No-one has mentioned the brummie grindcore kings yet, so I'll have to ... bring on Napalm Death yeehaaah!



Then we mustn't forget the industrial wonders of Ministry with their track Stigmata



Right Jez, the musically and physically challenged, are throwing down the gauntlet!!!!! er ahem ;-)

5 comments:

Davie said...

Beat Jez's record?
First of all you will be stopping at regular intervals for air guitar solos, falling, as you rock from side to side in rythym to the "music" and tripping as you struggle to keep your 2 ft long hair out of your eyes. Oh,,,,, that won't be a problem for you will it? Or Keith.

Brian Mc said...

Yes, I have to admit to being rather follicly challenged - the upside being improved aerodynamic efficiency (not that you'd probably notice haha)

Anonymous said...

Harsh but fair Davie... I long for the days when I had my mullet..
Delete Voivod and Celtic Frost, but put in Wolfmother, and more Acca Dacca and some Bloodhound Gang
Cheers KH

Billy said...

Sorry Brian, I like most stuff but Napalm Death is just too OTT. I'm hoping to run Rotherham on Saturday so I'll try out that Slayer in the last 2 miles though.

Billy

Brian Mc said...

Actually I have to admit, I'm not that big a Napalm Death fan either. P'raps once as a teenager but not now I have developed some sensitivity to noise. Still makes you run fast though (I've tested it!).