Wednesday 3 December 2008

Muuuusic to motivate

Normally I am a bit of an au-natural kind of chap when it comes to running, at least in audio entertainment terms. I have a tiny wee iPOD shuffle but don't really like it when trotting along, I'd much rather just be with my thoughts and the sounds of nature around me. However, upon occasion I do run with it and find this song makes me run like a maniac, regardless of incline or terrain.



It has the same effect on my wife and she has never liked thrash metal even slightly. As an experiment, download it onto your iPOD then try running up a very big muddy hill. Please come back with feedback on how it affected your performance.

In case you are wondering the song is Raining Blood by Slayer, one of the bands I used to love when I was hairy teenager (actually I still like the odd listen to them when the mood takes me - you never really seem to grow completely out of teenage tastes I have noticed).

3 comments:

Billy said...

Brian,

I'll give it a try. I'd like to know what effect it would have after you've hit the wall.

I saw Slayer at Donnington in '95! They were pretty good that day. I suppose I should have been old enough to know better but me and some mates took down a few gallons of home brew. By the time of the headline act (Metallica?), things were a bit of a blur. I lived in Sheffield at the time and remember getting home and my key not fitting the lock. Not surprising really, as it was my neighbour's house across the road....Happy days!

Billy Minto

Brian Mc said...

I was at Donnington round about that time too, and saw Slayer but with Iron Maiden headlining (even through the beer they were definitely Iron Maiden). Wonder if it was the same year? I was the hairy chap 3rd from the left of the large speaker on the left of the ... ;-)

Anonymous said...

What next Brian - a bit of Voivod ? Celtic Frost ??? Top thrash mate - cheers Keith