Tuesday 2 December 2008

The road to recovery

On Sunday, and again last night I ran for 15 .... wait for it ... wait for it ... minutes! Yeehah, what a feat of ultra style endurance.

My ankle is much better as a consquence of time and my physio friction rubbing it with great gusto. To ensure I don't exacerbate it he has advised me to get back into running by running for 15 minutes a couple of times, then to up to 20, then 25 etc until I reach 40 then he reckons I'll be fine. All very frustrating but the light is at the end of the injury tunnel.

In the meantime here's a photo of Eilidh and I out for a walk up to Scale Force in Buttermere, the day after the OMM. It was absolutely gorgeous!

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Brian, make sure you stay on that road to recovery. It still coincides with the recovery cycle anyway (winter that is) so you are not falling behind.
I found that very short runs at slow pace help recovery.

Hope to see you soon somewhere on the tracks and trails
T

Brian Mc said...

Cheers Thomas. Hope to see you soon too!

Debs M-C said...

Woohoo. Glad to hear you're back on track.

Eilidh looks most happy in her wee back pack. I was checking them during my last visit to Tiso. Marco can carry the baby and the gear. And I'll carry my lipgloss.

Thanks for your comments on my blog. We'll be trying that as a last resort in a few weeks. Keep you fingers crossed.