Thursday 6 March 2008

Easy runs on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings

Tuesday:
Distance: 5.69 miles
Terrain: paths
Ascent/descent: +97'/-71'
Time: 00:46:50
Avg. pace: 8:14

Almost couldn't be bothered with this run. Was tired after another 9 hour stint in the office, then overjoyed seeing our little daughter Eilidh (I do miss her during the day) then tired again. Almost gave up but not quite. A little voice kicked me into action and out the door.

Instead of the pitch dark 6 mile canal run I decided to run around our estate and up to the local Tesco then back in a loop to gain the benefits of street lighting. Not that it did me much good as I went over on my ankle about a mile in and had to stop for a few minutes going gaaahhh and hobbling.



Having suitably recovered semi frozen light rain started so I ran in earnest, trying to keep around my runner world recommended easy pace for sub 1:30 half marathoners - yes that's me now ;-) of 8:07 mins/mile. A few cars parped at me on the way round but other than that the remainder of the run was uneventful. My legs felt fine after the half at the weekend which was good.

Wednesday:
Distance: 6.65 miles
Terrain: paths
Ascent/descent: +186'/-160'
Time: 01:05:18
Avg. pace: 9:49

This turned out to be a very easy run with the club which is fine - I'm happy getting some distance in my legs at a slow pace and chatting along the route. One of the club members has just returned from New Zealand where she was holidaying for a few weeks so heard all about that. Another few cars parped at us, or perhaps me. I wasn't wearing anything garish but that's two nights of parping in a row. Something is going on ...


2 comments:

Davie Bell said...

Hi Brian ,
Hope you are well after your pb well done, I see you are also going for the triple crown, me too ,good luck I think we'll need it, keep up the hard work mate.

Brian Mc said...

Cheers Davie - in for a penny in for a pound is the expression I think.

See at Wuthering for the first ultra race of the year.