Thursday 13 March 2008

I just couldn't resist ...

Distance: 5.99 miles
Terrain: forest trail
Ascent/descent: +460'/-460'
Time: 00:45:51
Avg. pace: 7:39

Couldn't resist what? Running on a sore foot that's what, and sitting here writing this blog with a good sized glass of Warre's port in hand. Dave Waterman you are most definitely right - port is a great drink.

Anyhoo, I've not done as much mileage as I wanted this week due to my having bruised the ball of my left foot. But my desire to run got the better of me as I wanted to squeeze in a few more miles before the Wuthering Hike this weekend. I was a bit aware of my foot whilst running but the trainers I wear are pretty well cushioned so it wasn't bad. Shouldn't present a problem for the race which I'm loking forward to.


Anyhoo, the run was around Stockgrove country park perimter - my shorter, less hilly standard off road training route near MK. It was the first time I'd run it this year and I really rather enjoyed myself despite the rain and the fact it took me bloomin ages to get there. There is a level crossing en route from work and they lower the barriers a good 5 minutes before any train arrives. Very frustrating indeed!

2 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

Brian,

The port obviouslty took effect mate!! : 'I'm loking' 'country park perimter' (I suspect the 'anyhoo' is a Sweaty Sock thing??)

Being a Doctor ain't an excuse for poor spelling !! Sort it!!!

Brian Mc said...

Yes, the combined effects of porto vinho and my two fingered typing style may well have had an effect on output comprehensibility. (hope that was a sufficiently academic sounding retort). :-)