Tuesday 11 March 2008

Storms, a 12 hour working day, an easy pace run and a sore foot

Distance: 5.68 miles
Terrain: path
Ascent/descent: +92'/-61'
Time: 00:45:16
Avg. pace: 7:58


Our daughter is getting up earlier and earlier as it gets lighter and lighter towards summer. I can see sleep rapidly disappearing unless we start going to bed at 20:00. She was up just before me yesterday at 6am so I didn't need my clock alarm - just the pain of 'waahing' then the joy of seeing a little smiley face peering up at me from insider her cot bed.

Anyhoo I braved the storms which were supposed to lash southern England yesterday and headed out at 06:45 to drive to Bradford for a meeting (3 hours drive at good pace). The rain was pretty bad for a little then it improved and even became sunny when I hit Yorkshire. 'Gods own country' one of the Yorkshiremen I met said wisely and with a knowing look.

Back down the M1 in increasingly torrential rain saw me back in the house at 19:15 full of the litres of coffee I'd been drinking to stay awake on the motorway so I eagerly went out for an easyish pace shortish run which went pretty well. The rain even stopped which was nice of it.

I've got a sore foot though - must have bashed it through my fell shoes running around the woods at the weekend. I'll probably rest it tonight and have one last run tomorrow evening in prep for the Wuthering at the weekend. Must remember to plot the route for the race onto a map!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Brian, sleep deprivation caused by your youngest will certainly help you preparing for the sleepless 24 hours in June ;-)
Good luck for the Wuthering!

Phil Robertson said...

Hi Brian

Congratulations on a good week's running!

See you on top of some blustery bloody moor on Saturday.

Phil