Friday 8 February 2008

10 mile bike time trial

I saw the physio yesterday and wanted to exercise afterwards but nothing with significant joint or muscle impact i.e. no running. So ... I thought I'd try the 10 mile time trial circuit set up on the racing bike at my work gym. To warm up I did 10 minutes on the climbing machine then hit the bike, wearing not an ounce of lycra I hasten to add.

I thought my attempt on Tuesday resulted in serious quad burn after a few minutes as I was recovering from racing but no, the quad burn was still there. I've not sweated as much in a long time but after 00:22:05 I finished the 10 mile undulating course and sat there dripping. The record is just under 18 minutes so I've a bit to go yet.

I then did some rowing and stomach work before heading home to see our slighly crazy daughter Eilidh, who had her first vaccinations yesterday. Here she is looking happy / demented ...



No comments: