Thursday 7 February 2008

Mid-week easy run

Route: one of the running club routes that I can never remember
Distance: ?
Terrain: footpath
Ascent: ?
Time: 01:07:23

See? I have no idea what distance I ran or how much climb was involved? Clearly I need a Garmin Forerunner. Luckily I've already ordered one and it has been despatched so might be with me by tonight. Hurrah!

I'm really looking forward to being to able to time my mile splits so I can start doing tempo runs properly in the build up to the Milton Keynes half at the beginning of March. Also looking forward to being able to measure ascent more accurately and being able to look at my run data using the software included. All sounds a bit anal and perhaps I'm becoming a spod but I think having the extra info will really help my training across a range of race distances.

Anyhoo, how did the run go? Fine. I think the exercise bike quad burn the night before kicked my legs back into action, and other than still being able to notice that my right ham and glute aren't as strong as the left, everything was fine. This week is an easy week to recover from Mickleden Straddle and I will start upping mileages and introducing tempo runs mid-week starting next week. Looking forward to it!

No comments: